1. Pick a color scheme.
2. Buy 100% cotton or cotton/polyester blend fabric.
3. Don't buy fabric with a nap or a one-way design.
4. Pick out fabric with variety in the scale of the
5. First choose a blender fabric that contains all the
colors of your color scheme in a medium to large pattern.
6. Select a dominant color and a contrasting color fabric.
7. Ch...oose at least two other fabrics that are lighter
or darker values of the dominant and contrasting fabrics.
8. Pick a background or ground fabric that is a solid
or a solid print.
9. Line up all the fabrics in the store and use the
squint method to make sure the colors blend.
10. Purchase quality fabrics and wash them as soon as
you go home.